Kayak and Bike along the Lehigh River
Kayak & Bike Adventures
Give the gift of Adventure!
Steel Stacks Run – Kayak and Bike Adventure
A gift for you! – Use Promo Code (BOGOFREE23) during checkout for a 2for1 holiday discount on your tour. This is our best deal of the year!
Adult (Mon – Fri) $89.99 (Ages 10 and up)
Child (Mon – Fri) $69.99 (Ages 4-9)
Saturday/ Holiday $99.99
Group- $63.00 Kayak & Bike Tour (10+)
(Plan on 4 hours for a tour)
SPRING/ SUMMER HOURS (May 15-September 21)
Monday – Saturday. Closed Sundays
Monday- Thursday Daily Tour 11:00 Am
Friday and Saturday 2 tours daily
Morning Tour – 9:00 AM Afternoon Tour – 3:00 PM
FALL TOURS (September 22- October 31)
Monday – Saturday daily tours 11 AM
NOTE: This is a moderate to strenuous activity that requires participants to be in fairly good health. This activity is not recommended for those with mobility issues or ankle, knee, or shoulder injuries. This activity requires lifting kayaks and transporting them, getting in and out of boats on uneven terrain, and navigating moving water with obstacles. kayaks can and do flip over in the water and participants must feel capable of recovering and getting back in their boat with staff assistance.
The second leg of the trip involves biking 5 miles (30-45 min). A courtesy shuttle is available for anyone not wishing to ride a bike back to the parking lot.
- Enjoy a half-day recreational kayak & bike tour starting from Sand Island in Historic Bethlehem. This tour highlights the scenic Lehigh River, the history of the Moravian Settlement, Bethlehem Steel, the Historic D&L Trail, and more. Be on the lookout for blue herons, bald eagles, turtles, deer, and more wildlife.
- When you finish your kayak paddle, trade in your kayak for a mountain bike and ride back on the Historic D&L Trail that runs along the river. This is a flat easy 30-45 min bike ride. (A courtesy shuttle is available for those not wishing to bike back)
- The Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor was named a Smithsonian Institution affiliate in 2017 for its historical significance as the highway of the American Industrial Revolution.
Bonus: Get your complimentary photos of you and your group as you pass under the iconic Bethlehem Steel Stacks. A unique photo opportunity.
What to Bring
- Footwear is required. Old sneakers, water shoes, strap-on sandals. (No Flipflops)
- Comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting wet
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Drinking water and a snack (granola bar,ect.)